To what extent does the cultivation and extraction of the raw materials necessary to produce this product; enhance the diversity of life, that is, aids the greaterbiospheric servicesof the planet, the localised eco systems (species and habitat protection) and preserves the associated knowledge, customs and prosperity of the indigenous cultures of the territory?Biospherically Correct
The ingredients in our skin care are all natural, some organic and some wild harvested. However, we prize most of all the unique ingredients: acai, camu camu, copibia and tamanu oil which are authenticially organic and wild harvested.
- Acai harvest provides villagers with income. Wages are higher for harvesting acai than in other industries such as logging. Families who harvest acai keep some of the fruit to eat or use as garden fertilizer.
- Acai palms are preserved. It is more beneficial to harvest the berries than to cut the palm down.
- Approximately 30% of fruit harvested falls to the ground or is eaten by birds or wild animals, protecting diversity.
- In Peru, camu camu seedlings are available free of charge from the government to native peoples for them to plant.
- We pay a premium for our Amazonian ingredients so that we may support communities through the Amazon Friendly initiative.
Our coconut oil comes from a model farm in Fiji that utilizes natural resources to create work for local people. We do not use palm oil.