Why buy Vision Products Coconut Oil
Benefits of Vision Products Coconut Oil
Where we source our Coconut Oil
We buy our coconut oil from a model farm in Labasa Fiji. This farm reconnects people with the land teaching them how to grow organically and sustainably, the farm also teaches arts and crafts as other ways to provide further skills and income for people. www.christiantrainingcentre.org
The model farm produces 100% pure cold pressed coconut oil. This oil is extracted from the raw 'meat' of the coconut. Our coconut oil is not hydrogenated, refined, bleached or deodorised and contains no solvents, preservatives or additives. It is processed in small batches, allowing the oil to be produced from the fresh coconut meat within a short time of opening the coconut.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
Possesses a host of natural properties and is ideal for cooking, skin and hair. Coconut oil is a solid under 24.5 degrees and a liquid over that temperature so we package this exceptionally versatile oil differently for different uses.
However you use it, it seems compelling that Pure Cold Coconut Oil has got to be good for you. Mainly attributed to its high levels of lauric acid.
Dr. Mary Enig Ph.D, writes; "Lauric acid is a medium chain fatty acid, which has the additional beneficial function of being formed into monolaurin in the human or animal body. Monolaurin is the antiviral, antibacterial, and antiprotozoal monoglyceride used by the human or animal to destroy lipid-coated viruses such as HIV, herpes, cytomegalovirus, influenza, various pathogenic bacteria, including listeria monocytogenes and helicobacter pylori, and protozoa such as giardia lamblia. Some studies have also shown some antimicrobial effects of the free lauric acid."
Cooking Healthy and Delicious Food with Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil tastes and smell delicious in food and is ideal for cooking being able to tolerate high temperatures. Vision Products coconut oil has a particularly good coconut taste. Coconut oils seem to vary in taste from region to region and depending on extraction processes.
- Cold pressed coconut oil doesn't go rancid easily if stored in a cool, dark place.
- Is primarily composed of cholesterol free, medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs), foremost lauric acid as whats found in mother milk.
- The MCFAs in coconut oil are also believed to boost immunity. There is growing opinion in health circles suggesting coconut oil helps ward off degenerative diseases such as; Alzheimer, Parkinson and Heart disease.
- Healthy fats like coconut oil are necessary so that we can absorb fat soluble vitamins such as vitamin A,D,E, K and beta-carotene.
- Converts more readily into energy rather that fat, making it ideal for competitive sports people and the health conscious alike.
- Can be used for oil pulling (oil pulling involves swishing a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes, this helps reduce harmful bacteria).
For Radiant Skin and Skincare
- Helps protect against free radical damage and is ideal for relieving cracked, dry skin, and improving elasticity.
- Is claimed to have antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties due to its medium chain fatty acids/triglycerides (MCTs) thought helpful by many for assisting in the treatment of a range of skin conditions including acne, psoriasis, eczema and fungal infections in general.
- An excellent natural alternative for eye make up removal.
- Has an excellent 'slip' making it an ideal massage oil.
- Provides an attractive natural sheen ideal for as a highlighter for legs and bodybuilders.
- Makes the perfect product to use during pregnancy to help avoid stretch marks.
- Ideal to use on baby's skin and helps reduce nappy rash.
For Revitalising Hair and scalp
- Excellent as a pre-conditioner treatment providing essential proteins for revitalising damaged hair and helping in the prevention of hair breakage strengthening the hair strands.
- Massage into the scalp once or twice per week, before bed, as a natural treatment for reducing dandruff.
Incorporating a refill/recycle system to save people money and help the planet out in dealing with used containers.
All Vision Products have a unique Biospherically Correct indicator which depicts each product's environmental sustainability and social responsibility. Due to the exceptional attributes of this product, this cold pressed coconut oil carries a Biospherically Correct 2 rating.