- New Zealand's Best Tasting Coconut Oil
- 100% Pure Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- From Fijian Model Farm
- Eco-packaged with Refill Systems
- Great for Cooking, Hair and Skin
Why buy Vision Products Coconut Oil
Benefits of Vision Products Coconut Oil
Discover the miracles of Coconut Oil for Cooking, Skin and Hair!
Where we source our Coconut Oil
We buy our coconut oil from a model farm in Labasa Fiji. This farm reconnects people with the land teaching them how to grow organically and sustainably, the farm also teaches arts and crafts as other ways to provide further skills and income for people. www.christiantrainingcentre.org
The model farm produces 100% pure cold pressed coconut oil. This oil is extracted from the raw 'meat' of the coconut. Our coconut oil is not hydrogenated, refined, bleached or deodorised and contains no solvents, preservatives or additives. It is processed in small batches, allowing the oil to be produced from the fresh coconut meat within a short time of opening the coconut.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
Our pure cold pressed coconut oil possesses a host of natural properties and is ideal for cooking, skin and hair. Coconut oil is a solid under 24.5 degrees and a liquid over so we package this exceptionally versatile oil differently for different uses.
However you use it, it seems compelling that Pure Cold Coconut Oil has got to be good for you. Mainly attributed to its high levels of lauric acid.
Dr. Mary Enig Ph.D, writes; "Lauric acid is a medium chain fatty acid, which has the additional beneficial function of being formed into monolaurin in the human or animal body. Monolaurin is the antiviral, antibacterial, and antiprotozoal monoglyceride used by the human or animal to destroy lipid-coated viruses such as HIV, herpes, cytomegalovirus, influenza, various pathogenic bacteria, including listeria monocytogenes and helicobacter pylori, and protozoa such as giardia lamblia. Some studies have also shown some antimicrobial effects of the free lauric acid."
For Cooking Healthy and Delicious Food
- Coconut oil tastes and smell delicious in food and is ideal for cooking being able to tolerate high temperatures. Vision Products coconut oil has a particularly good coconut taste. Coconut oils seem to vary in taste from region to region and depending on extraction processes.
- Cold pressed coconut oil doesn't go rancid easily if stored in a cool, dark place.
- Coconut oil is primarily composed of cholesterol free, medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs), foremost lauric acid as whats found in mother milk.
- The MCFAs in coconut oil are also believed to boost immunity. There is growing opinion in health circles suggesting coconut oil helps ward off degenerative diseases such as; Alzheimer, Parkinson and Heart disease.
- Healthy fats like coconut oil are necessary so that we can absorb fat soluble vitamins such as vitamin A,D,E, K and beta-carotene.
- Coconut oil converts more readily into energy rather that fat, making it ideal for competitive sports people and the health conscious alike.
- Coconut oil can be used for oil pulling (oil pulling involves swishing a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes, this helps reduce harmful bacteria).
For Radiant Skin and Skincare
- Coconut oil helps protect against free radical damage and is ideal for relieving cracked, dry skin, and improving elasticity.
- Coconut is claimed to have antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties due to its medium chain fatty acids/triglycerides (MCTs) thought helpful by many for assisting in the treatment of a range of skin conditions including acne, psoriasis, eczema and fungal infections in general.
- Coconut oil is an excellent natural alternative for eye make up removal.
- Coconut oil has an excellent 'slip' making it an ideal massage oil.
- Coconut oil provides an attractive natural sheen ideal for as a highlighter for legs and bodybuilders.
- Coconut oil's health properties are readily absorbed into the skin to boost and rejuvenate your whole body.
- Coconut oil makes the perfect product to use during pregnancy to help avoid stretch marks.
- Coconut oil is ideal to use on baby's skin and helps reduce nappy rash.
For Revitalised Hair
- Coconut oil is excellent as a pre-conditioner treatment providing essential proteins for revitalising damaged hair and helping in the prevention of hair breakage strengthening the hair strands.
- Massage into the scalp once or twice per week, before bed, as a natural treatment for reducing dandruff.
We bring you this oil in the most advanced eco-packaging; incorporating a refill/recycle system to save people money and help the planet out in dealing with used containers. Our bulk 750 ml bottle has originated from corn not fossil fuels. We use compost-able wood cellulose and corn based labels, minimal wrap tags made from recycled paper and printed with soy inks while the model farm in Labasa uses solar power, composting toilets, water catchment and organic farming methods.
Then we purposely enhance our labeling with the words love, forgiveness, compassion, tolerance and integrity, powerful messages to positively impact our daily lives.
All Vision Products have a unique Biospherically Correct indicator which depicts each product's environmental sustainability and social responsibility. Due to the exceptional attributes of this product, this cold pressed coconut oil carries a Biospherically Correct 2 rating.